CCSI launched OpenLandContracts.org, the first searchable online repository of publicly available investment contracts for large-scale land, agriculture, and forestry projects from around the world. OpenLandContracts.org allows users to download contracts, as well as view summaries of key social, human rights, environmental, fiscal, and operational provisions. It also provides guides for understanding agricultural and forestry contracts, and will eventually host other tools and resources for understanding, comparing, and assessing land contracts.
The launch featured a demonstration of the site, followed by a panel discussion with:
- the Honorable Joseph Sam Sesay, Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Food Security, Sierra Leone
- the Honorable George Wisner, Executive Director, National Investment Commission, Liberia
- Lorenzo Cotula, Principal Researcher and Team Leader – Legal Tools, International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED)
- Samuel Nguiffo, Secretary General, Center for Environment and Development (CED), Cameroon
- Michael Jarvis, Global Lead, Extractives Governance, World Bank (moderator)