Support to the UN SDSN on the Post-2015 Sustainable Development Agenda
In its role as host institution, CCSI provides support to the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (UN SDSN) Thematic Network 10 on Good Governance of Extractive and Land Resources, which CCSI Director Lisa Sachs also co-chairs. CCSI’s support covers both extractive and land-related issues. This work has included technical support on reports and documents during the development of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), as well as in the development of potential indicators to measure progress toward the SDGs. In addition, the Center and the Thematic Network have worked together on a number of projects to identify research gaps and generate innovative solutions. Past and ongoing projects and events include:
– A high-level conference to present and discuss the blueprint for a Global Pact for the Environment,
– A strategic meeting to take stock of initiatives and frameworks seeking to operationalize the SDGs for companies,
– A webinar on land-related Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and progress on implementation, together with the Land Portal Foundation and the Global Land Tool Network,
– A briefing note on why good governance of land and tenure security must be part of the Sustainable Development Goal framework,
– A Massive Open Online Course (MOOC), together with the Natural Resource Governance Institute and the World Bank, on “Resources for Sustainable Development: the fundamentals of oil, gas and mining governance,” which will be updated in February 2018, and
– A mapping of the SDGs for the mining sector, together with the World Economic Forum and UNDP.