Mining & the SDGs: ASM and LSM Perspectives
Date: October 15, 2020, 10:00-11:30am EST
Leveraging Artisanal & Small-Scale Mining (ASM) and Large-Scale Mining (LSM) to help achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Organisers: RMF (Responsible Mining Foundation), CCSI (Columbia Center on Sustainable Investment), Pact, University of Delaware, UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN).
Moderated by: Antonio Pedro, Director, Subregional Office for Central Africa, UNECA
– Jorden de Haan, Programme Officer Artisanal Gold, Pact
– James McQuilken, Programme Officer Mines to Markets, Pact
– Kirsten Dales, Independent industrial ecologist
– Jennifer Rietbergen-McCracken, Senior Advisor, Responsible Mining Foundation
– Perrine Toledano, Head of Extractive Industries, Columbia Center on Sustainable Investment
– Julie Klinger, Assistant Professor, University of Delaware
– Brian Chicksen, Adjunct Professor, University of Cape Town
RMF and CCSI shared the findings of their new report, Mining and the SDGs: a 2020 status update (access the report in English, Chinese, Spanish, French, Bahasa Indonesia, Japanese, Portuguese (BR) and Russian) and Pact and the University of Delaware presented their report on Artisanal and Small-Scale Mining.