CCSI is Hiring: Researcher on SDG-Aligned Practices in the Energy Sector
CCSI is hiring a Researcher to develop a robust conceptual framework that rigorously defines SDG-aligned business practices in the energy sector. Working with CCSI researchers, as well as external partners and collaborators, the incumbent will:
- analyze existing initiatives, efforts, frameworks, and tools that focus on responsible corporate practice in the energy sector and on SDG-aligned practices more generally;
- consult with investors and companies to identify practices, gaps and needs regarding corporate alignment to the SDGs, including through the organization of consultative and high-level events;
- create a conceptual framework to guide our understanding of what it means for energy companies to be SDG-aligned, and analyze implications and applications of that framework for corporations and their stakeholders, and for financial institutions and asset managers;
- develop implementation principles and guidance on operationalization for the range of relevant corporate stakeholders, including policy-makers, consumers, employees, and host communities.
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate familiarity with the energy sector, and specifically, its intersection with sustainability and human rights; preferred familiarity with existing corporate standards, frameworks, benchmarks and Environmental, Social and Governance criteria, relevant to the energy sector.
- Have experience working independently and as part of a team; demonstrate strong writing, research and analytical skills, with the ability to synthesize, categorize and critique information; and proven capacity to take a leading role in project design and implementation;
- Have experience engaging with corporate partners, as well as other organizations working on sustainability.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Strong preference for candidates able to start by late April or early May.
Apply here. (Note that this posting also refers to a separate position focused on the food/agribusiness sector.)